Sunday, January 13, 2008
posted by Chen at 8:34 PM
Date : 13th January 2008
Time : 8.34PM
Listening to : Nothing
Where : Wen's Room

Well, I really have to send the story to Joanne like today. So figures have to wait an hour. And I haven't post up the webpage analysis. -.-! Anyway... Like I mentioned in the previous post, I said I will be going t the Malaysia After 50 exhibition. Well, I did. I brought my cousin to The Star Education Fair. Met Beatrice there... doing demonstration to promote TOA. Haha... After that we headed to Pasar Seni. Met up with Melissa in Old Town White Coffee. Had a talk on Psychology and stuff. Interesting. Joined Zafri and Zheng after that.

I enjoyed the exhibition. There were 2 going on. It was interesting for both. To be honest, I was disappointed that not many works were exhibited. Still, it was good. It will still be going on. The Malaysia After 50 one will be until 27th January 2008. Sacred Legacy (Photography on Native Americans by Edward Curtis) will be running till 17th January 2008. I like Sacred Legacy. The photos weren't printed on normal paper. Check it out yourself k.



Then I found out that there will be another exhibition entitled Di Dinding (Visual and Wall Relief) at Pelita Hati, House of Art located in jalan Bangsar. I don't know where's that but I really want to go. I will enclose the postcard I got here. It will be on till 24th January 2008.



And those who are interested in The Independence Project at Galeri Petronas, it will still be up till 10th February.

And also, there is another photography exhibition in Balai Seni... Maybank tower near Pudu. Too bad it was closed on weekend. We went there and was stuck there cos it started raining heavily. Luckily I brought my reference book in my bag and a few loose papers and my job brief. So I did a brainstorming session with my friends. What can you do with SMELLY SHOES and also...What if I am a FARMER. Got quite a number of ideas... Some may be ridiculous but like how Melissa would put it, just put it in. It might lead somewhere. We did more on smelly shoes than the farmer one cos' I did the brainstorming with Zafri a couple days ago already. It was one heck of a hilarious session. Lol...

Okay... So update for assignments. Apart from what I mentioned before this, we have to start planning for our Digital Media 2 Project 1 and 2 already. And remember to revise also. I don't know about others but I am still blur about some stuff. But really... This means extra effort. HTML and Action Script 3.0.... *Big drop of sweat*... Hopefully everyone can cope.

Ok..now have to do visual and Web Design d! ta!

-chen-
[8.53PM]

Labels: ,

 



1 Comments:


At January 24, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Blogger Jay River

Curtis's work reverberates on through history because he knew how to capture character and soul on camera.

He has, however, turned into a subject of controversy because of the tug of war between documentary and art.

I think the images speak for themselves.

You might find it interesting that there is a film of Curtis's 'Indian Picture Opera', found on Amazon. It reflects, in his own words, about the people he spent many years observing. I think it makes his legacy less confusing, and filters out the noise of the last century.