Monday, January 14, 2008
posted by Chen at 12:04 PM
Date : 14th January 2008
Time : 12.05PM
Listening to : My Interpretation - Mika
Where : Room

Slept at 5.00AM yesterday. -.-! But managed to finish my figure drawing and send my storyline and proposal of "What if I am a farmer" to both Joanne and Sook Chiung. was a little concern about the whole thing because what I planned to do was a lil' "out". But super glad I got the green light to move on this morning. Hee.... Anyway, here's the storyline. Please help me to improve on it cos' it's a little brief I think. It's just a rough storyline.
What if I am a farmer...

Yes. I am a farmer and there ain't no "if". But I am not any ordinary farmer. I plant Planets. By now I think you would have figure out that I do not live in the ordinary world. Here, planets grow on trees. And planets are like homes here. Not everybody could plant planets. In fact, I am the only one! And planets don't come cheap but people need it. The world is getting too congested. But of course, I couldn't work alone. I need helpers. And in order to prevent my secrets of farming Planets from leaking out, I choose my helpers very carefully. Not humans but animals. Unlike how normal human beings would perceive it, I don't regard mice, beetles, snails and other insects and rodents as pests. They are very helpful; performing tasks better than the others. Through my website, I will narrate the story of my life as a Planet farmer. "A day with a Planet farmer". I will bring the audience through a journey that would describe how a planet could be planted, nurtured and harvested. And possibly how my whole lifestyle is like.

Will develop more on this. Please leave opinions in the comment page. Excuse my language. Bleh.

Ok... here will be my website analysis.

#1 One Republic

This is the official website for the band OneRepublic.

What I like about this page : I like the site's banner. I like how the glowing particles will follow your cursor.

Well, other than that, I think the whole website is kind of ordinary in term of the layout and navigation. But it's userfriendly. Loading time is not long. The grid system can be divided to a few section like how I've highlighted below.

This is the first site that I want to feature here because the next 2 other websites that I am going to share will be quite interesting compared to this. (Although I personally like OneRepublic band alot...)

#2 loworks



This site is graphical and interactive. The navigation of this site has assimilated with the illustrations.

What I like about the site : I like the graphics. I also like the layout. And it is interesting how the user could drag the display screen around. And the fact that the page doesn't need to refresh everytime I click a link saved me a lot of time. When you click on something, a small screen will appear. This display screen, like I mentioned could be dragged around.

The grid system could be divided as below.


Well, the thing about the page here that left me a bit lost was the buttons. Too many clickable things. Some just for animation purposes and some just to lead you somewhere. I don't know about you guys but I think they should just keep them separated. Reserve the illustrated part for the animation purpose and the rest of the page for links.

#3 Blueprint Studios

Last but not least, my fav. one among all 3. Of course I found many other websites that are interesting but for now I will just settle with these 3 first. If I have the time I will post the sites up. Anyway, this is a website for a recording studio. This is one site that you guys should explore on. The navigation is simple. Just click. But once you click the link, the page will start to move following the coloured strip of paper and lead you to another page. And the loading page for each link is interesting too. It will be animated. Don't know how to describe but please check this page out. really like it. So i don't think I need to tell why I like the page so much. Haha... I like the colors used here also. And the typeface also. basically... One of my fav. sites.

But I am not oo sure about the grid system though. So if you guys could help me out, all the better.

Sorry for the snapshot. Too small. Anyway... Hope you guys could give feedback on the sites too. And sorry if I haven't been able to check out the sites you people from MM068-1 recommended. Ok.. Till then! Ta!

-chen-
[12.43PM]

Labels: ,

 



1 Comments:


At January 21, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Blogger Red

I think your websites are interesting. Starting from Republic One which is quite similar to the one I did on Editors, except for the flash plug-in of the star and the tree. The grid is similar in many ways but the plug-in is somewhat a subtle display of creativity.

Second website is interesting indeed. Had a go at it earlier and found it although a little 'template'ish, the animated banners make it interesting and somewhat 'alive'. Plus I love 'flash pop-ups' because they are not as annoying as actual window pop-ups so it's a bonus on my book.

Lastly, this third website reminds me of the one D'ana did for her t-shirt interface design on Design Method 1. The flowing of coloured lines. Brilliant although it's not really my bag of chips.