Sunday, March 16, 2008
posted by Chen at 9:53 PM
Date : 16th March 2008
Time : 9.54PM
Listening to : The Only One - Readymade FC
Where : Room

Gonna share on Typograpy and a lil on Interior Design (Cannot help it. My passion =.o). Well anyway, for TYPemotion assignment, I've chosen to do on Child Adoption. So it's a community reach out message. Still considering whether it will be a TV based kind or Internet. But that is not too much of an area to be concerned about. Ok, moving on from the discussion, I had a rough idea on the concept that I will be using. Will talk about it later. So, I did a research on the organization that I will be supporting. Went through several before I decided to settle down with OneWorldAdoptionServices based in America.

Basically, my concept is this:
"Adopting" letter(s) into a negative word to totally change the meaning to something positive.
For example the word "harm". Adding the word C will change it to something positive, "Charm". I hope this example is clear enough to send out the idea. Anyway, the message I want to convey is that adding a child in the family is not necessarily a burden. It can be a blessing. (B+LESS=Bless) Got it? Something like that. So my final tag will be including this:
option when add the letters "ad" = adoption:: Adoption, adding the options to your life::
Something like that. I am still not satisfied with the tagline. Not at all. SO any suggestions? And I've been going through dictionary, one whole bunch of unrelated text and even the Bible to get the inspiration for the words that I am going to use. I actually came out with a couple.

Hate + r= Heart
ward+re=reward
lie+f=life
lie+v=live+s=lives
maze+A=Amaze
kill+s=skill
ordinary+extra=extraordinary
rival+ev=revival
deceive+r=received
bounding+a=abounding
bile+a=alive
heave+n=heaven
I know it's not the best yet. So will really appreciate it for you guys who read the blog to contribute some help here. Thanks.

Continuing on from here, I researched on typo treatment. Check out the videos below. Very interesting use of typo to convey a message. Love the music video. Anyway, initially, my idea of execution is very type-based. meaning there will be no images none whatsoever. But I am considering other methods of execution to fully utilize both. Will update on that later.


This is the music video for The Only One by HomemadeFC

This is the typography poster by LETMAN on students final works at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam.

This is some jokes told thru typo.

Ok..now to my passion. I super in love with these bookshelves lor!!!

It's a deco by itself already(the books)

Hanging books. Woooooooo~

Doesn't this remind you of action script????

I know it doesn't look nice but this is my fav. one. How flexible. Extended area by unrolling.

Staircase bookshelves. So clever.

There are more here.

And here is the house that I want to bring the attention to. I like. This is the house that has that staircase bookshelf.

Sebastian&Veronika's Rooftop Apartment






Last but not least... A must check-out blog. nicefuckinggraphics.

-chen-
[11.02PM]

Labels: , , ,