Wednesday, March 5, 2008
posted by Chen at 11:26 PM
Date : 5th March 2008
Time : 11.26PM
Listening to : Nothing
Where : Bro's room

Was doing a research for Design Method. As suggested by Bryan, I decided to finish watching "Helvetica" today. I didn't finish it the last time I started watching it. Something came up. But anyway, as I mentioned in the previous post, I sent an email to David Carson. Honestly, I doubt if I will get the reply. But anyway, I have to find an alternative to my research. ( I did email some friends who are in the design industry to do the survey too and also the students in TOA) So I watched Helvetica even though the title may be unrelated to my scope of topic but they featured David Carson in it, as informed by Bryan. And on the plus side, Stephan Sagmeister too! I am so in love with his design approach. Bold, Daring, and different. Oh...and not to mention the accent he has... Hahaha... Just kidding. But anyway... Besides these 2 designer, the movie featured many others also. And even though they were commenting about the typeface (It's celebrating the 50th birthday), I actually get a handful of insights on the topic of experimentation. It's one of the definition that I am covering in my topic Mistakes in Visual Communication. And David Carson is one of the many people that I am really interested to know more about. Anyway, I am hunting for the book " The end of print"... Oh yea... btw Chris... You will love Sagmeister as well. He loves designing CD covers. Check him out. And his accent... LOL! And yea... for you guys who want a copy of helvetica... Feel free to get it from me. And meanwhile..guys... For you who's doing the same topic as mine, you can check out the short interview with David Carson here.

OH! Btw... Website of the week for me is this... idecorabili... Super duper love this site... Flash of course but check the interface design man. Anyway... I will do another review on the site navigation and content planning in a couple of post to come. Till then, enjoy work!


If I am not wrong... he really have these words cut on his flesh. The first time I saw this work was in a copy of Dazed and Confused. I cringed like mad but now... I got used to it. And now I know it's sagmeister's work.

-chen-
[11.40PM]

Labels: , ,