Friday, October 3, 2008
posted by Chen at 5:17 PM
Date : 3rd October 2008
Time : 5.17PM
Listening to : Moolight Resonance Movie
Where : Parents' Room

Okay, time to update this VERY dead blog. Today's entry will be on Advanced Digital Media. We have only one project this term. But project yang bukan main susah lagi. We have to make a point&click flash game. I brainstormed for idea for a couple of days just for the storyline. For me, I think storyline is the life of a movie and also a game. But games like tetris and all diferent la ok. Anyway, I went to the library to research on Design Method. Tetapi... I saw this book by Japanese artists. Very nice the environment art. But when I flipped open the book, I saw a classroom scene. Then the idea came to me. But I had such a difficult time thinking of the ending for the story. So Zheng, Zafri and I brainstormed together. So funny la all the different versions we came up with. But I wasn't really satisfied. But in the end I thought of a weirddddd ending. And I like it. ^^

Hopefully the game will turn out well la. The title for now will be Fragments of Memories. It's a first person point of view. A very short description for the game is:

A boy woke up and found himself in a classroom he was familiar with. Familiar and yet different. The place looked the same but it felt different. Like everything was so dead. He could not remember who he was, what really happened and how he ended up in that classroom. But from the journal that slipped out of his bag, he knew his name was Bobby. As the story unfolds, the character will find himself in a school he used to attend and having no way to leave the school except through the main entrance. The problem is… he does not have the password to unlock the door. From there he would slowly work his way out and regained back his memory as he collects the missing pages of his journal by performing various tasks and puzzles. Along the way, the character will find many torn pieces of a photograph. By putting them together, he will find out that the photography was taken outside the school. Strangely, he noticed a tree that somehow stood out among the rest of the objects. And behind the photograph was the keycode for his freedom; or so he thought.

I came up with the walkthrough and puzzles already. I think I will enjoy this project. Was pretty worried about my capabilities to come up with the graphics. You know la... Lately, I've been drawing using flash. And among all 3 drawing software, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash, my skills in Photoshop is the worst. =.=~! Darn stress ok? But I really want to try new styles. I attempted to edit photos from the net. Like what I posted in the previous post. But it's illegal to use ppl's photos ma. So I went back to my secondary school and became like a thief to take photos of the lab. =.= Sweat man. But then it's not very flexible. So I tried drawing on paper to scan but my perspective teruk lah. But In then end I drew in Photoshop anyway. Without references. Fuh, boleh tahan la. First time didn't trace. ^^


2 different color modes. Please comment yea.

-chen-
[6.16PM]

Labels: