Friday, January 18, 2008
posted by Chen at 10:59 AM
Date : 18th January 2008
Time : 11.00AM
Listening to : Prodigal - OneRepublic
Where : Selvia's Room

Finally get to update. Anyway, after Web Design 1 class on Wednesday, the whole class minus Judy and Melvin went for lunch in Chola. We agreed to gather for group study that morning but unfortunately, Selvia and I had an upset stomach. SO we did it after class instead. Browsed through each other's reference books and also mags. After lunch, we headed to the study area and we started our group study. We reviewed and discussed each member's idea for web design. We took turns so we started off with Selvia's project, then diana, chris, wahyu, tanyus and then me. It was 2 hours! Wah...By the time we reached the last few people, our brain were dead tired already but we agreed to do this each week. It was really good cos' we get to see more options to our project and to figure out how to solve a certain problem. Well, so anyway, by the end of the day, I am pretty sure everyone had a clearer direction of where to go. And not to mention a tired brain and arms. With the whole stack of reference books and mags, I think we could build our muscles up. -.-!

So, anyway, I've already settle more or less on my website elements. Actually by the end of the dicussion, I was still at daze a little on my project. Maybe too much output and input. Haha. But on the way to Giant, Selvia actually suggested something that really hit the touch point. Treehouse concept. Something like that. So my factory and farm will be located at only one spot. It will be a big tree and all the processing will take place there. (Later after I sketch out I'll scan in) Also, everybody will stay in a treehouse because the main planet has very limited space. (That's why they need a planet) So it's like a flat owner buying a bungalow.

As for art direction, I have yet to decide. Too many possible ideas and I need to narrow down to one. Maybe I will do mix media. Like what I proposed earlier.

Yesterday Design Method 2 class was super interesting. What influenced me? That's the thing that we need to think about. I didn't notice that before but it was a habit of looking out a window or a door. I've been doing that since young. Sitting inside the bus, looking out the window and sometimes wondering what's inside a particular house by taking a glance at the windows that we passed by. Sweii said that's the first time she hear of such habit among all the classes that she hed this workshop sessios with. Anyway, I will be doing windows. I don't know what to use as the media yet. -.-!

Anyway, I spent a night in Selvia's room. Yesterday, I came at around 10.45PM. And after supper and a long chat with them, we started on or moodboard for web design. We searched for illustrations by artists and went crazy over all the stuff that they feature. Man, we were "Aaah...so niceeeeeeeeeee" here and there. -.-! Anyway, by 3.30AM, Selvia and I were too exhausted to continue. Tanyus hung on till 4.30AM and she too went to bed. So here I am, blogging at this hour cos' I just woke up. Now I have to finish up the moodboard. After it's done, I will post the jpeg up and together wit my flow chart. -.-! I forgot my gantt chart. Crap.

-chen-
[11.20PM]

Labels: , ,